All cat shows rely on volunteer help throughout the day. Our show on 18 July is no different. Having a sufficient number of helpers makes everything runs smoothly. While some exhibitors help when they can most volunteers do not enter the show. Previous experience isn’t required. The only qualification is you like cats! You can learn as you go and there are people on hand to guide you on the day.
For most roles helpers are required to be at the venue, Leith Academy, before judging commences at 10am sharp. Exceptions might be made by prior arrangement with the show manager, Isabel Walker. Most volunteers arrive between 8.30 and 9.30am.
Help is always required for the following tasks on the day of the show:
• Working on the entry door dealing with tickets and catalogues
• Administration table – administration of classes, rosettes and trophies
• Handing out tally envelopes to exhibitors (pen number etc.)
• Stewarding of the vetting-in process before the show begins
• Stewarding for judges – for individuals with previous show experience
• Show slip runners – pinning slips to the results board
• Distribution of rosettes
• Donations for the raffle and tombola
• General help on the day
• Transport for judges returning to stations and airports
• Clearing the hall after the show
Finding out more about helping is easy. Contact Isabel Walker, our show manager, on 0131 334 7111 after 7pm.
Dress is casual – wear what’s comfortable. With the exception of administration workers most volunteers spend the day on their feet. The show normally finishes between 4 and 5 pm.
Donations for the raffle and tombola are welcome from local businesses right up until the day of the show. We can arrange local collection in and around Edinburgh.